Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Seen on Maui! - Island Plants and Animals

I am in Maui this week and loving it! Everything here is so incredibly beautiful. I enjoy taking pictures of plants and animals. Here are a few photos that I have taken so far. I will post a Part 2 later in the week. ♥ Haley

 Java Sparrow - Lonchura oryzivora

 Double shot - two in one! I didn't notice the little guy at the bottom until after I was zooming in to take the picture.
 Bird of Paradise - Strelitzia reginae
and
Gold Dust Day Gecko - Phelsuma laticauda
(I really like this gecko's name)


Hibiscus - Hibiscus rosa-sinensis 
I need to take a better picture; it's really a pretty flower


Bougainvillea Tree - Bougainvillea arborea

Sonoran Carpenter Bee - Xylocopa sonorina
I thought this was some kind of flying beetle until I noticed it was going from flower to flower collecting pollen.

Hibiscus (possibly Hawaiian Sunset variety) - Hibiscus rosa-sinensis

House Gecko - Hemidactylus frenatus




No comments:

Post a Comment